Thursday, February 14, 2008

storytelling

I think that there should be a slim amount of distance between a storyteller and the story told. In media today people are given a certain role to play as characters. They have the choice whether to accept or reject the role available. Many people would accept just because of the money that is involved, not their belief in what is right or wrong. An example of this could be used with the Simpsons. I personally don't watch this show much, but from the glimpses i have seen, it seems to be very disrespectful and blasphemous towards God. The voices of the characters I believe would not agree to play a certain part unless they have no problem and agree in what they are saying. I would not try out for a tv show character part if I didn't agree with the characters lines that they speak. I would never go on television cussing and drinking unless my personal values believed that there was nothing wrong with doing that. Also, if a parent reads a story to their child, usually they would not read a horrific book, unless they believe that it is fine to expose a child to evil. So therefore, I think that a person's values should be reflected in the character role or story they are portraying.

No comments: